All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscipleship is one of the key words used in the churches today and there are many initiatives in the mainstream churches to enable people to grow as disciples of Christ. Much of this happens in small groups, yet there has hitherto been very little written about this phemen. Roger Walton seeks to speak from research and theological reflection into the growing small group movement in the churches. In the midst of a cluster of recent 'how to' books on Christian Small Groups this book attempts to set the phemen in the broader context of research and theological reflection. It can be conceived as a critical friend to the movement rather than cheering it on, encouraging people to think and engage more deeply with theological, sociological and ecclesiological issues.
- Author BiographyRoger L Walton was Director of the Wesley Study Centre, Durham, between 1999-2010 and William Leech Research Fellow at Durham University 2010-11. On 1 September 2011, he took up the post of Chair of the West Yorkshire Methodist District. He is the author of The Reflective Disciple (Epworth 2009, SCM 2012) and Learning for Ministry (Church House Publishing 2005) - a book jointly authored with Steve Croft.
- Author(s)Roger Walton
- PublisherSCM Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSCM Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.