All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionDiscipline Over Punishment is an exploration of the transformative potential of restorative discipline practices in schools, ranging from the micro-level of one-on-one interactions with students to the macro-level of re-routing the school-to-prison pipeline and improving life outcomes for young people. Gardner, who continues to teach high school in Oakland, CA, has spent nearly 20 years invating, struggling, and succeeding to implement various restorative justice practices in classrooms and schools around the Bay Area. Using classrooms and schools where he has taught and students, families and educators with whom he has worked, Gardner examines how restorative justice, as a set of beliefs and practices can be a force for justice and equity in our classrooms, schools, and beyond.
- Author BiographyTrevor W. Gardner has taught high school English and history for the past 17 years in San Francisco and Oakland, where he has practiced and studied the use of restorative justice in urban schools. He currently teaches history and serves as the Dean of Instruction and Academic Coach at ARISE High School in East Oakland.
- Author(s)Trevor Gardner
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight426 g
- Width158 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.