Discipline Without Punishment: The Proven Strategy That Turns Problem Employees into Superior Performers by Dick Grote (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than 30 years ago, Dick Grote developed a powerful, npunitive discipline system that turned a troubled Frito-Lay plant from a hotbed of employee sabotage and toxic relations into a productive, respectful environment-one where employees took personal responsibility for their behavior, and managers helped problem employees become productive players. Grote's method spread to other companies, and gained national recognition with the 1995 release of the first edition of Discipline Without Punishment . The book has become a management classic, helping thousands of companies and managers move to a responsibility-based approach for handling unacceptable performance, problem behaviors, and excessive absenteeism. But, despite the effectiveness of the DWP method, many supervisors and workplaces continue to cling to their long-established system of verbal warnings, written reprimands, suspensions without pay, and probationary periods - all fear-based approaches that instill lots of resentment, with little or payback in improved performance. This new edition of the bestselling Discipline Without Punishment has been updated to help a new generation of managers and HR professionals adopt a positive, proven method for getting problem employees back on track. Packed with real-life examples, sample dialogues, helpful worksheets, and a -nsense sensibility that busy readers will sorely appreciate, the book remains an eye-opening, forward-looking, practical guide to making your disciplinary system equitable and effective. Dick Grote is Chairman and CEO of Grote Consulting Corp., in Dallas, Texas. He is the developer of the GROTEAPPROACH (SM) Web-based performance management system, and the author of The Complete Guide to Performance Appraisal , The Performance Appraisal Question and Answer Book , and Forced Ranking: Making Performance Management Work . His articles and essays have appeared in the Harvard Business Review , The Wall Street Journal , Across the Board , and many other publications.
- Author BiographyDick Grote is Chairman and CEO of Grote Consulting Corp. His articles have appeared in Harvard Business Review, The Wall Street Journal and many other publications.
- Author(s)Dick Grote
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight419 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.