All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the latest research of the impact of disclosure, this updated and rewritten edition of Disclosing Secrets presents the best approach for addressing one of the most difficult challenges any sex addict must face - sharing information about his or her sex addiction. Drs. Corley and Schneider take us step by step through the painful, even excruciating process of revealing sensitive secrets related to any addiction, especially sex addiction. The reader will learn what, when and how to tell, who to involve, what (if anything) to tell the children, and what information to share at work and in the community. While serving as a guidebook for this very personal step towards recovery, the book also offers advice about rebuilding trust and repairing relationships. Clearly, there is hope that relationships can be strengthened after disclosure.
- Author BiographyM. Deborah Corley, PhD received her B.A. from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs and her M.A. and Ph.D. from Texas Woman's University. She is co-founder and co-owner of Sante Center for Healing, a residential treatment center for addictions near Denton, Texas. She serves as clinical consultant to the Sante treatment team and faculty for the courses Sante co-sponsors for professionals with the UT Southwestern Medical School. She won the 2008 Merit Award from Society of the Advancement for Sexual Health (SASH), the 1999 Carnes Award for outstanding achievement in the field of sex addiction and was the co-recipient with Dr. Schneider of the Clinician's Most Valuable Article Award by the American Foundation for Addiction Research in 2003 for their work on disclosure. She is the past president of the Board for SASH and a clinical member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. Licensed both as an addiction treatment specialist and marriage and family therapist, Deb has over 25 years of experience working with and conducting research on addictive disorders and high risk families. As an international speaker in the US and Canada, her focus on treatment of addictions, trauma resolution, disclosure, interpersonal neurobiology and meeting attachment needs is well received. Jennifer P. Schneider, M.D., Ph.D received her B.S. from Cornell University, her M.S. and Ph.D. in Human Genetics from the University of Michigan, and her M.D. from the University of Arizona College of Medicine. She is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, certified by the American Society of Addiction Medicine, and is a Diplomate of the American Academy of Pain Management. After practicing Internal Medicine for many years, she then specialized in treating patients who were living with chronic pain. In addition, for over 25 years she has been a researcher, speaker, and author in the field of compulsive sexual disorders, with a special interest in the effect of sex addiction on the family. Dr. Schneider has been Associate Editor of the journal Sexual Addiction & Compulsivity for many years, and has authored many articles, book chapters, and several books in the field. In 1998 she won the Patrick Carnes Award for lifetime contribution to the sex addiction field and in 2007 the SASH Award for lifetime contributions to research in the sex addiction field.
- Author(s)Jennifer P Schneider M D,M Deborah Corley Ph D
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication31/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.