All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPanicking Ralph is a big-time villain - but he's a local villain - and when his life is threatened, policemen Harpur and Iles are straight on the case Detective Chief Superintendent Colin Harpur and his boss, Assistant Chief Constable Desmond Iles, worry about the safety of one of the big-time crooks on their ground, Ralph Ember, sometimes kwn as Panicking Ralph. Yes, Ralph is a villain, but he's a local villain, and Harpur and Iles feel a kind of bizarre affection for him. And in any case, Ralph helps Iles keep the city reasonably peaceful. But w some awkward repercussions from Ralph's lawless past seem to bring danger. Ralph is aware of this new peril and has installed a bulletproof steel barrier to protect himself in the club he owns - but will this be eugh to keep him safe? Harpur thinks t. Surely the upcoming party at the club will provide the perfect moment for a gunman to do for Ralph? The only way Harpur can be sure of protecting Ralph is to attend the party himself ...
- Author BiographyCritically-acclaimed crime writer Bill James is a former journalist, and wrote for The Sunday Times, the Daily Mirror, the Spectator, the New Review and Punch. Married, with four children, he lives in Wales.
- Author(s)Bill James
- PublisherSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleA Harpur & Iles Mystery
- Series Part/Volume Number31
- Place of PublicationSutton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSevern House Large Print Books
- Weight510 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementLarge type edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.