All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past several years, significant advances have been made in developing the discontinuous Galerkin finite element method for applications in fluid flow and heat transfer. Certain unique features of the method have made it attractive as an alternative for other popular methods such as finite volume and finite elements in thermal fluids engineering analyses. This book is written as an introductory textbook on the discontinuous finite element method for senior undergraduate and graduate students in the area of thermal science and fluid dynamics. It also can be used as a reference book for researchers and engineers who intend to use the method for research in computational fluid dynamics and heat transfer. A good portion of this book has been used in a course for computational fluid dynamics and heat transfer for senior undergraduate and first year graduate students. It also has been used by some graduate students for self-study of the basics of discontinuous finite elements. This mograph assumes that readers have a basic understanding of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and heat transfer and some background in numerical analysis. Kwledge of continuous finite elements is t necessary but will be helpful. The book covers the application of the method for the simulation of both macroscopic and micro/nascale fluid flow and heat transfer phemena.
- Author BiographyDr. Ben Q. Li is Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, USA. He has a Ph.D. in engineering from the University of California at Berkeley. His teaching and research is in computational fluid dynamics and heat transfer for thermofluids engineering and biological systems. He has published over 150 technical papers in his research area.
- Author(s)Ben Q. Li
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2010
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleComputational Fluid and Solid Mechanics
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note167 black & white illustrations, 12 black & white tables, biography
- Weight827 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2006
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.