All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionA clear and lively introduction to current trends in the theory, method and tools of discourse studies, this book is a valuable guide for students and teachers of linguistics as well as for those with an interest in the linguistic methods of analysing discourse (media, rhetoric and stylistics, pragmatics, communication studies scholars etc). * Comprehensive, accessible, state-of-the-art textbook * Close analyses of a wide range of narrative and n-narrative texts, both spoken and written * Emphasis on practical text analysis: includes guided activities for self-study or use in a classroom * Suggestions for further reading in each chapter. This revised second edition registers key changes in a rapidly expanding area and thoroughly updates suggestions for further reading and the bibliography.
- Author BiographyAlexandra Georgakopoulou is Reader in Modern Greek language and linguistics at King's College London. Dionysis Goutsos is Assistant Professor in text linguistics at the University of Athens.
- Author(s)Alexandra Georgakopoulou,Dionysis Goutsos
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2004
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight356 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.