All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionDiscourse, Dialogue and Techlogy Enhanced Learning is invaluable to all those wanting to explore how dialogic processes work and how we facilitate them. Dialogue is an important learning tool and it is by understanding how language affects us and how we use language to encourage, empathise, inquire, argue and persuade that we come closer to understanding processes of change in ourselves and our society. Most researchers in Education will find themselves interpreting some form of data in the form of words; whether these words be explanations, conversations, narrations, reflections, debates or interviews and whether they are conducted through digital media or face-to-face. Discourse, textual or spoken, is therefore central to researching education. Each chapter focuses on the ways in which alternative levels of discourse analysis provide tools for the researcher, enabling insights into the way language works in learning, teaching practice and wider society. Drawing on the author's own 'DISCOUNT' discourse analysis coding scheme and including a wide range of dialogue examples, this book covers: * Why Dialogue? The Role of Dialogue in Education. * Debate: Learning to Argue and Arguing to Learn * Towards Meaning-Making: Inquiry, Narrative and Experience * The Role of the Significant Other: Facilitation, Scaffolding and Mediation * Inclusion, Collaboration and Community * Media, Mode and Digital Literacy * Researching Voices and Texts Discourse, Dialogue and Techlogy Enhanced Learning will be an essential resource for all students, educators and educational researchers who have an interest in the role of discourse in educational contexts.
- Author BiographyRachel Pilkington is an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK. She was formerly Senior Lecturer at Birmingham University, UK and has over 25 years' experience in research and teaching.
- Author(s)Rachel M. Pilkington
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/12/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note23 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight494 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.