All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscourse, Techlogy and Change presents a detailed analysis of discourses that initiate, enable, and stabilise social change in organizational contexts. The book examines the function of written discourse within this setting to examine the dynamic relationships between writing, techlogy, and socio-cultural change. Focusing on everyday texts used to create technical and social change, the book offers a detailed study of the intersections of discourse, techlogy and persuasion illustrated through an empirical case study of techlogical change in an academic institution. The book seriously engages the claim that texts dually construct and reflect social networks and social action. Working at both the micro and macro textual level, the book examines the functions of change discourse, providing a framework for understanding how change is constituted within social networks. This cutting-edge mograph will be of interest to academics researching discourse analysis and applied linguistics.
- Author BiographyBrenton Faber is a Professor in the Department of English at North Carolina State University, USA.
- Author(s)Brenton D. Faber
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight316 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.