All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscourse and Politeness examines Japanese institutional discourse and attempts to clarify the relationship between politeness, facework and speaker identity. The book seeks to establish an empirically grounded analysis of facework as the basis for evaluating politeness, and describes facework in delicate situations such as disagreement, teasing and talking about troubles, which have rarely been discussed in politeness studies.Insightful and cutting-edge, this research mograph will be of interest to researchers in discourse analysis, sociolinguistics and Japanese language.
- Author BiographyNaomi Geyer is Assistant Professor of Japanese Language and Linguistics, Department of East Asian Languages and Literature at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA.
- Author(s)Naomi Geyer
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/01/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight496 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Save on Other
- AU $36.13Trending at AU $67.19
- AU $41.23Trending at AU $44.10
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $35.31Trending at AU $51.63
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $22.10
- AU $23.40Trending at AU $28.38
- AU $41.24Trending at AU $45.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.