All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an edition of what are arguably Leibniz's three most important presentations of his metaphysical system: the Discourse on Metaphysics, from 1686, and The Principles of Nature and of Grace and The Monadology, from 1714. Based on the Latta and Montgomery translations and revised by the editor, these texts set out the essentials of Leibniz's mature metaphysical views. This edition includes an introductory essay and a set of appendices of seventeenth- and eighteenth-century texts, which help illuminate and contextualize Leibniz's ideas. Among these are extensive passages from Leibniz's Theodicy, many of which are cited in The Monadology.
- Author BiographyPeter Loptson is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Guelph. He is the author of Reality: Fundamental Topics in Metaphysics (University of Ottawa Press) and Theories of Human Nature (Broadview Press).
- Author(s)Freiherr von Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2012
- Series TitleBroadview Editions
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBroadview Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byPeter Loptson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.