All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe Discourse displays an incredibly far-sighted view of women's education. Annibal thought gifted young girls should develop their talents and apply them to careers outside the home. In the Discourse , he details the unique and extremely rigorous educational program to which he had subjected Lavinia almost from the cradle with this end in mind. To complete Lavinia's education, Annibal filled the Discourse with advice on spirituality and morality, health and beauty, and how to behave at court - everything a well-bred lady-in-waiting would need to kw. This edition also includes an appendix that traces the later events of Lavinia's life through excerpts from her father's letters.
- Author BiographyPeggy Osborn is a senior lecturer (retired) in Italian Renaissance literature at the University of Bristol. She is the author of G. B. Giraldi's Altile: The Birth of a New Dramatic Genre in Renaissance Ferrara.
- Author(s)Annibal Guasco
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication08/07/2003
- Series TitleThe Other Voice in Early Modern Europe
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight246 g
- Width119 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.