All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionDiscourses in Place is essential reading for anyone with an interest in language and the way we communicate. Written by leaders in the field, this text argues that we can only interpret the meaning of public texts like road signs, tices and brand logos by considering the social and physical world that surrounds them. Drawing on a wide range of real examples, from signs in the Chinese mountains, to urban centres in Austria, Italy, North America and Hong Kong, this textbook equips students with the methodology and models they need to undertake their own research in 'geosemiotics', the key interface between semiotics and the physical world. Discourses in Place is highly illustrated, containing real examples of language in the material world, including a 'how to use this book' section, group and individual activities, and a glossary of key terms.
- Author BiographyRon Scollon is Professor of lInguistics at Georgetown University, USA, and Editor of Visual Communication. Suzie Wong Scollon, is Research Coordinator, Associated Sociocultural Research Projects, Georgetown University, USA. Includes examples from North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
- PrizesWinner of BAAL (British Association for Applied Linguistics) Book Prize 2004.
- Author(s)Ron Scollon,Suzie Wong Scollon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2003
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 figures, 103 b&w photos, glossary, references
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.