All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover Celtic Derbyshire follows the Portway from the key Celtic Hillfort of Mam Tor in North Derbyshire to the Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire border at Stapleford and the southern river ports. Along the route,you will encounter the hermitages and industries, visit tribal hillforts, those iconic symbols of the age, and through megalithic mysteries, ancient feasts and festivals, discover the lifestyle of these people the conquering Romans considered barbaric. They were t. They had their beliefs and their gods and the Roman conquest of Britain did t signal the immediate death of Celtic culture. That is why this area has a treasure trove of early curiosities and customs, showing that pre-history is t quite dead in this ancient heart of England. Of the 25 walks in this book, 15 are circular, however, the route of the ancient Portway has been divided into ten manageable walks ranging from 31/2 -7 miles.
- Author BiographyJill Armitage is a lifetime resident of Derbyshire; a trained photojournalist with thousands of articles and dozens of books to her credit. She is the author of three books also published by Sigma Press including Walking in the Footsteps of Robin Hood in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.
- Author(s)Jill Armitage
- PublisherSigma Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationWilmslow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSigma Press
- Content Note70 bw 26 map/line
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.