Save on Travel Guides
- AU $53.94Trending at AU $59.60
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $25.95
- AU $8.73Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $9.64Trending at AU $14.73
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.60
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.04
- AU $16.75Trending at AU $19.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis sumptuous, large-format book is a journey of discovery through the Lake District, one of the most popular walking and climbing areas in the UK. The 21 walks included are of varying lengths and difficulties, each one being carefully selected to produce a constant variety of interest. The walks are broken down into 10 different areas, each with an introductory section, enabling a thorough exploration of each area, and helping walkers to select weekend walks in close proximity to each other. The selected walks explore the main mountain groups and cover the various types of scenery, and also reflect its many and varied facets, such as geology, people, history and the working landscape. Most of the walks are situated within the National Park. Walks range from relatively easy ones to some demanding expeditions over wild mountain terrain, some of them involving sections of scrambling. This beautifully-produced book, copiously illustrated by over 250 of Jerry Rawson's stunning landscape photographs, gives an exciting new dimension to the Lake District National Park and will act as a superb reminder of the variety and dramatic scenery of the area. It will provide a tempting invitation to pull on the boots and discover Lakeland's fells, or it may simply act as a mouth-watering souvenir of some of the most glorious scenery in one of Britain's favourite areas.
- Author BiographyJerry Rawson has been walking and rock climbing in the Lake District for more than four decades, and although he now lives in the Peak District, he still has a strong affinity for the area. His work has featured in numerous books and magazines including Lakeland Walker and tgo magazines. His recently published and critically acclaimed walking books include Discovering the Moors and Dales of the Peak District, Discover the Yorkshire Dales and Discover Snowdonia for Halsgrove.
- Author(s)Jerry Rawson
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDevon Books
- Content Noteprofusely illustrated in colour
- Width215 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.