All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscovering AutoCAD 2013 presents a hands-on, activity-based approach to the use of AutoCAD as a drafting tool-complete with techniques, tips, shortcuts, and insights that improve efficiency. Topics and tasks are carefully grouped to lead students logically through the AutoCAD command set, with the level of difficulty increasing steadily as skills are acquired through experience and practice. Straightforward explanations focus on what is relevant to actual drawing procedures, and illustrations show exactly what to expect on the computer screen.
- Author BiographyMark Dix began working with AutoCAD in 1985 as a programmer for CAD Support Associates Inc. He helped design a system for creating estimates and bills of material directly from AutoCAD drawing databases for use in the automated conveyor industry. This system became the basis for systems still widely in use today. In 1986, he began collaborating with Paul Riley to create AutoCAD training materials, combining Riley's background in industrial design and training with Dix's background in writing, curriculum development, and programming. Dix and Riley have created tutorial teaching methods for every AutoCAD release since version 2.5. Mr. Dix has a Master of Arts in Teaching from Cornell University and a Masters in Education from the University of Massachusetts. Paul Riley has been an instructor and designer specializing in graphics and design of multimedia. He is a founding partner of CAD Support Associates, a contract service and professional training organization for computer aided design. His 15 years of business experience and 20 years of teaching experience are supported by degrees in education and computer science. Paul has taught AutoCAD at the University of Massachusetts, Lowell and Mt. Ida College in Newton, MA. He has developed a program, Computer Aided Design for Professionals, that is highly regarded and has been an ongoing success for the past 15 years.
- Author(s)Mark Dix,Paul Riley
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication15/09/2013
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeachpit Press Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1252 g
- Width216 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.