All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on extensive customer feedback, Discovering Computers (copyright)2014 has been completely reexamined and revised to reflect the evolving needs of the concepts portion of the Introductory Computing course. This exciting new edition maintains many longstanding hallmarks, but is w highly focused on relevancy to provide students only with what they really need to kw to be successful digital citizens in college and beyond. To better reflect the importance of certain topics in today's digital world, coverage of enterprise computing, ethics, Internet research skills, mobile computing, operating systems (other than Windows), browsers, security, and Web 2.0 has been expanded and integrated. New critical thinking and problem solving exercises are included in every feature throughout the text, engaging students in regular practice of higher-order thinking skills. In addition, students have more opportunity for hands-on practice with the completely revised end-of-chapter activities. With these enhancements and more, the new Discovering Computers is an even more engaging teaching and learning tool for your classroom.
- Author BiographyMisty E. Vermaat has more than 25 years of experience in the field of computer and information technology. Along with consulting in the field, she was an Associate Professor at Purdue University Calumet, teaching or developing Microsoft Office, computer concepts, database management, systems analysis and design, and programming courses. Since 1990, Misty has led the development of, written, and co-authored numerous textbooks for the Shelly Cashman Series, including many editions of Discovering Computers, Discovering Computers Fundamentals, and Microsoft Word books.
- Author(s)Misty Vermaat
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Weight1111 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.