All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the the most thrilling, adventure book, ever! Written by a real-life adventurer, Simon Chapman, be prepared to live your dream and imagine you discovered the disaurs. It's your chance to battle blizzards with swarms of vipers in the Gobi Desert with Roy Chapman Andrews, join the race across the the Wild West of America with bone-hunters Cope and Marsh. Along the trail of discovery you'll unearth a time when monsters really did rule the world - DINOSAURS. You will find them all in here: Triceratops, Pteradactyls, Iguadon, Stegosaurus, Diplodocus and many more. It's crammed full of stats, wild pictures, a brilliant pop-up (don't get eaten!), realistic artworks, journals, flaps and even the insides of disaurs. You'll discover what makes a disaur, when and where they lived, what they ate, why they fought and why they became extinct. Be a kw-it-all. WOW! Tyransaurus Rex had huge bone crunching jaws with 50 - 60 teeth and could eat up to 500lbs of meat in one crunch. That's like 3 whole cows! Or a Triceratops! Feathered Fiend! The size of a turkey, the velociraptor had feathers, but couldn't fly. It could run like the wind, well a 40mph wind! Wipe Out! The rock that hit the earth 65 million years ago injured the earth with Tsunami waves, fireballs and acid rain. Hello, mass extinction.
- Author BiographyAuthor and explorer, Simon Chapman, has been entertaining adults and children with stories of his real-life adventures since 2001. A self-confessed jungle addict: he has canoed the Armu River in Siberia looking for tigers, crossed the Bolivian Lowlands by horse, canoe, and on foot; and taken his family on an intrepid trek through a rainforest in Thailand. He writes books and articles telling of his adventures and has written and recorded for the BBC. The modern day Indiana Jones.
- Author(s)Simon Chapman
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Childrens
- Content NoteFull colour illustrations and maps throughout
- Weight923 g
- Width248 mm
- Height305 mm
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.48
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $43.81
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.