All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn astrology, each planet in our solar system is symbolically associated with specific archetypes, characteristics, themes and patterns in human experience. The discovery in 2005 of Eris -- a dwarf planet beyond Pluto -- was therefore an event of great significance for astrology as well as astromy. In this unique book, Keiron Le Grice considers the astrological significance of Eris. How, he asks, can we determine Eris's meaning? What archetypal themes is it associated with? In what ways might the myths of Eris, the Greek goddess of strife, be relevant to the astrological meaning? What can Eris's discovery tell us about the evolutionary challenges we w face? Drawing on a wide variety of perspectives -- including mythology, ecology, religion, history, philosophy and Jungian psychology -- Le Grice carefully constructs a multi-faceted picture of Eris's possible meaning, helping to illuminate the unprecedented events of our time and providing clues to our possible future directions.
- Author BiographyKeiron Le Grice is founding editor of Archai: The Journal of Archetypal Cosmology and the author of The Archetypal Cosmos: Rediscovering the Gods in Myth, Science and Astrology (Floris Books, 2010). He holds doctoral and master's degrees in Philosophy and Religion from the California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco, where he is adjunct faculty in the Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness program. He has studied astrology and related subjects for over twenty years, and works as a professional archetypal astrologer. He currently lives in South Wales with his wife and son.
- Author(s)Keiron Le Grice
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight270 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.