All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlasgow, host of the 2014 Commonwealth Games, is on the itinerary of many visitors to Scotland. This new map displays delightful watercolour mapping, with individual paintings of all the main sights and landmarks in the city. Covers the centre of Glasgow from the Botanic Gardens in the rth and the new Riverside Museum to the west to the 12th century Cathedral and the gritty Barras Market to the east. Further mapping stretches southwest to Pollok Park and the Burrell Collection. The map features: * Historical and contemporary anecdotes. * Popular areas at larger scale, hundreds of shops, restaurants, cafes and bars. * Comprehensive travel information and index. * Shop by shop street maps of Buchanan Street and the Merchant City. * Railway stations, bus routes, taxi ranks and car parks. Commonwealth Games venues shown on front of map - SECC precinct (Gymnastics, Boxing, Judo, Netball, Wrestling and Weightlifting/Powerlifting), Kelvingrove Lawn Bowls Centre (Lawn Bowls). These are shown in large scale and would be ideal for anyone attending these venues as map also shows restaurants and other facilities nearby. The back of the map has further out map which includes the locations of Emirates Arena and Velodrome (Cycling and Badminton), Hampden park (Athletics), Celtic Park (opening and closing ceremony), Glasgow National Hockey Centre (Hockey), Ibrox (Rugby 7s) and athletes village. Tollcross International Swimming Centre, Strathclyde Park (mountain biking), Scotstoun Sports Campus (Squash) and Cathkin Braes Mountain Bike Park are all just outside the further out map area but marked with an arrow on the map itself.
- Author BiographyDominic Beddow produces informative maps of cities from Amsterdam to Zanzibar. This Glasgow map is an new addition to his range of maps for Collins which also include Dublin, London and Edinburgh. The maps are checked on foot, bicycle or scooter and then peppered with useful description, whimsy, humour and historical anecdote.
- Author(s)Collins Maps,Dominic Beddow
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication09/05/2013
- FormatSheet map, folded
- SubjectRoad Atlases & Maps
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notemaps
- Weight50 g
- Width113 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Map Scale1:5600
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.