Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe rock paintings and engravings of southern Africa have long been considered obscure, yet research has managed since to piece together that message, and we w kw that this beautiful and detailed art tells us about the religious experiences of the San (bushmen) who made it: centuries ago the San believed that the art carried messages from the spirit world. This book traces the story behind that research, how it started, its failures and successes, and some of its debates, linking the art to the people who made it.
- Author(s)David J. Lewis-Williams
- PublisherNew Africa Books (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication31/12/1990
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintDavid Philip Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.