Discovering System Dynamics in Software Engineering: Foundations for the Software Learning Organization by Professor of American Literature James D Hart (Paperback / softback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.21Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $74.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe software community is undergoing unprecedented rates of change today. The most successful software companies must learn to adapt quickly to changing environments. Our current mechanistic worldview, the basis for most of our software development processes, is longer adequate. In Discovering System Dynamics in Software Engineering, Jim Hart articulates a different worldview, where software leaders and managers see their companies as dynamic, interconnected living systems. With nearly 100 figures, dozens of real-world software engineering situations, and two chapters dedicated to illustrating a detailed method, the author explains step-by-step how to apply causal loop diagramming to solve complex, persistent problems in today's software companies that seem unsolvable using traditional techniques. The many exercises and Further Reading sections encourage individuals and groups to further cultivate their collaborative systems thinking skills.
- Author BiographyA speaker at many US and international software conferences for nearly 20 years, Jim Hart is a successful quality and process consultant. As President of Software Process Dynamics LLC and U.S. director of RPI Alliance, Ltd., he has consulted with over 100 companies worldwide and of all sizes, and trained nearly 3000 executives, managers and engineers on team and organization development, organizational learning, business process engineering, process management, and process improvement. Jim, an SEI-qualified CMMI SCAMPI lead appraiser, has conducted more than 60 appraisals over the past 15 years. As a senior member of the technical staff at the Software Engineering Institute's Process Program from 1991-1997, he worked on the CMM for Software and developing many successful courses.
- Author(s)Professor of American Literature James D Hart
- PublisherSoftware Process Dynamics, LLC
- Date of Publication17/01/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleSystems Thinking in Software Engineering (Stise) Series Book
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSoftware Process Dynamics, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.