All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnbekwn to many, Britain is home to one of nature's most sought after culinary delicacies - The Black Summer Truffle. Years ago the art of truffle hunting had its place in Olde English Folklore, but like many other country pastimes, the art became lost over the years. That is, until recently. About five years ago, Marion Dean bought an Italian Truffle hound and began diligently foraging in search of these hidden treasures. And riches she found - truffles galore, diligent doggies, acres of beautiful countryside, and a fellow enthusiast, Marion Pennington. Marion Pennington, or Maz, is in charge of bringing the truffle to life for the British palette. Unlike its French or Italian counterparts, the British Summer Truffle has a more subtle favour and can be used in a myriad of ways. Maz helps the reader get started in the kitchen and progresses onto more adventurous dishes. As well as the starters and mains that you'd expect to find, the book also delivers adventurous desserts and a host of other truffly delights. This book delivers an experience that is whole-heartedly British with a contemporary twist, brought to life with personal stories, crafted design and beautiful photography. Put the ultimate signature on your dish this season with a hand picked British Summer Truffle.
- Author BiographyMarion Dean is the leading British authority on truffle hound training and runs a specialist school from her home in Somerset. Her truffling adventures have taken her all over the UK and have caught the attention of many European experts. She has a love of the countryside and a true delight for the surprises mother nature brings to the table. Marion Pennington isn't one to be pigeonholed as a traditional chef. Her recipes are born from a natural understanding flavour and a diverse European culinary upbringing. Her unlimited access to truffles has given her the experience most could only dream of. She inspires chefs all round the country, but at the end of the day, likes nothing more than to impress her family and friends with original and seductive recipes. Marion 'Maz' Pennington isn't one to be pigeonholed as a traditional chef. Her recipes are born from a natural understanding of flavour and a diverse European culinary upbringing. What's more, she'd tell you that Sev, her truffle hound, is the most valuable cooking apparatus she owns. Maz delights in experimenting with new flavours and combinations, daring to push the boundaries of traditional truffle recipes. She enjoys nothing more than sharing the delicious and original results with family and friends.
- Author(s)Marion Dean,Marion Pennington
- PublisherMarion Dean
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationWitcombe
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMarion Dean
- Weight130 g
- Width195 mm
- Height250 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.