All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlso kwn as the science of life, Ayurveda is a complete system of kwledge that deals with physical health, mental balance, spiritual well-being, social welfare, relationships, environmental issues, dietary and lifestyle habits, as well as the treatment of specific ailments. This deep kwledge has been passed down to us through the last fifty generations of Ayurvedic teachers in India, and its reputation is w growing internationally as a rich, coherent, and effective system of natural living and healing. Discovering the True You with Ayurveda guides readers to optimum health and happiness through the seven pathways of Ayurveda. Beginning by helping you to discover your natural constitutional type, the book gives recommendations on the diet, exercise, and mental and spiritual outlook that you as an individual will benefit from. With your new understanding of your true constitution, you can use the information in Discovering the True You with Ayurveda to tailor a lifestyle and fitness program that works on all levels so you can live a truly authentic life. In all the essential aspects of contemporary life, from the food you eat to the work you do, from the relationships that sustain you to the natural world that nurtures you, it can guide you to health and happiness by teaching you how to fulfill your potential, empower yourself, and find meaning and purpose in everything you do. The book is divided into chapters relating to a specific area of wellbeing: Constitution, Nourishment, Cleansing, Rejuvenation, Strength and Stillness, Ecology, and Relationship. Author Sebastian Pole, an experienced Ayurvedic practitioner, packs the book with philosophical insights, dietary and nutritional information, massage and rejuvenation plans, meditation and yoga exercises, and Indian parables to illustrate Ayurvedic principles and impart some of its cultural background. The book also includes the Pukka Pantry, an appendix of Ayurvedic herbs and their benefits.
- Author BiographySEBASTIAN POLE is a trained practitioner in Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Western Herbalism (Ayur prac, Lic OHM, MAPA, MRCHM, MURHP), and runs an Ayurvedic and Chinese herbal clinic in Bath in England. He is former Chairman of the Ayurvedic Practitioner Association Pharmacopoeia Committee in the United Kingdom. A qualified yoga teacher and therapist, he has a degree in Hindi and Indian Religion from the University of London School of Oriental and African Studies. In 2001, Pole cofounded Pukka Herbs, a company that grows organic Ayurvedic herbs on over 1,000 acres of land in India. Pukka Herbs is now the UK's leading Ayurvedic company, selling a range of award-winning organic teas, herbal remedies, and massage oils throughout Europe.
- Author(s)Sebastian Pole
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books
- Date of Publication15/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight717 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.