All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscrete Element Methods (DEM) is a numerical technique for analysing the mechanics and physics of particulate systems. Originated in the late seventies for analysing geotechnical problems, it has seen significant development and is w employed extensively across disciplines. Produced in celebration of the 70th Birthday of Colin Thornton, this book contains a selection of papers concerning advances in discrete element modelling which were presented at the International Symposium on Discrete Element Modelling of Particulate Media held at Birmingham, UK on 28-30th March, 2012. The book showcases the wide application of discrete element modelling in gas-solid fluidisation, particulate flows, liquid-solid systems and quasi-static behaviour. It also reports the recent advancement in coupled DEM with computational fluid dynamics, Lattice Boltzmann Methods for multiphase systems and the vel application of DEM in contact electrification and fracture of granular systems. Aimed at research communities dealing with this technique in the powder handling and formulation industries, this will be a welcomed addition to the literature in this area.
- Author BiographyChuan-Yu (Charley) Wu is a senior lecturer at the School of Chemical Engineering at University of Birmingham and has research interests in understanding and modelling the behaviour of particulate materials during the manufacturing processes for pharmaceutical and other particulate products at microscopic and macroscopic levels. In particular, he is interested in developing models for predicting the properties of products based on the properties of particles and individual constituents.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication06/08/2012
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSpecial Publications
- Series Part/Volume Number339
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byChuan-Yu Wu
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.