All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscriminant equations are an important class of Diophantine equations with close ties to algebraic number theory, Diophantine approximation and Diophantine geometry. This book is the first comprehensive account of discriminant equations and their applications. It brings together many aspects, including effective results over number fields, effective results over finitely generated domains, estimates on the number of solutions, applications to algebraic integers of given discriminant, power integral bases, canical number systems, root separation of polymials and reduction of hyperelliptic curves. The authors' previous title, Unit Equations in Diophantine Number Theory, laid the groundwork by presenting important results that are used as tools in the present book. This material is briefly summarized in the introductory chapters along with the necessary basic algebra and algebraic number theory, making the book accessible to experts and young researchers alike.
- Author BiographyJan-Hendrik Evertse works in the Mathematical Institute at Leiden University. His research concentrates on Diophantine approximation and applications to Diophantine problems. In this area he has obtained some influential results, in particular on estimates for the numbers of solutions of Diophantine equations and inequalities. Kalman Gyory is Professor Emeritus at the University of Debrecen, a member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences and a well-known researcher in Diophantine number theory. Over his career he has obtained several significant and pioneering results, among others on unit equations and decomposable form equations, and their various applications. Gyory is also the founder and leader of the Number Theory Research Group in Debrecen, which consists of his former students and their descendants.
- Author(s)Jan-Hendrik Evertse,Kalman Gyory
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleNew Mathematical Monographs
- Series Part/Volume Number32
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight870 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.