All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionDiscursive Psychology is the first collection to systematically and critically appraise the influence and development of its foundational studies, exploring central concepts in social psychology such as attitudes, gender, cognition, memory, prejudice, and ideology. The book explores how discursive psychology has accommodated and responded to assumptions contained in classic studies, discussing what can still be gained from a dialogue with these inquiries, and which epistemological and methodological debates are still running, or are worth reviving. International contributors look back at the original ideas in the classic papers, and consider the impact on and trajectory of subsequent work. Each chapter locates a foundational paper in its academic context, identifying the concerns that motivated the author and the particular perspective that informed their thinking. The contributors go on to identify the main empirical, theoretical or methodological contribution of the paper and its impact on consequent work in discursive psychology, including the contributors' own work. Each chapter concludes with a critical consideration of how discursive psychology can continue to develop. This book is a timely contribution to the advance of discursive psychology by fostering critical perspectives upon its intellectual and empirical agenda. It will appeal to those working in the area of discursive psychology, discourse analysis and social interaction, including researchers, social psychologists and students.
- Author BiographyCristian Tileaga is Senior Lecturer in Social Psychology in the Department of Social Sciences at Loughborough University, UK. Elizabeth Stokoe is Professor of Social Interaction in the Department of Social Sciences at Loughborough University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleExplorations in Social Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight654 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCristian Tileaga,Elizabeth Stokoe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.