All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of critical essays applies a wide range of critical frameworks to the analysis of prolific fantasy author Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. Essays focus on topics such as Pratchett's treatment of ise and silence and their political implications, art as an adyne for racial conflict, humour and cognitive debugging, visual semiotics and hypotrochoidal texts, linguistic stylistics and readers' perspectives of word choice, and Derrida and the Monstrous Regiment of Women. The volume also includes an antated bibliography of critical sources. The essays provide new critical perspectives on Pratchett's work, which has stealthily redefined both fantasy and humour for modern audiences.
- Author BiographyAnne Hiebert Alton is a professor of English at Central Michigan University, where she teaches literature of all sorts. Her research interests include British and children's literature, illustration, and interdisciplinarity. She lives in Mount Pleasant, Michigan.
William C. Spruiell is an associate professor of English at Central Michigan University, where he teaches English linguistics, Old English, and science-fiction and fantasy literature. His research interests include functional theories of grammar and theories of creative language use. He lives in Mount Pleasant, Michigan.
Donald E. Palumbo is a professor of English at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina. He lives in Greenville.
C.W. Sullivan III is Distinguished Professor of arts and sciences at East Carolina University and a full member of the Welsh Academy. He is the author of numerous books and the on-line journal Celtic Cultural Studies.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCritical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Series Part/Volume Number45
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAnne Hiebert Alton,C. W. Sullivan,Donald E. Palumbo,William C. Spruiell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.