All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a comprehensive overview of the two important issues relating to disease in elderly: the age-related changes and the pathophysiology of the diseases. The book contains 19 chapters that are arranged by organ system and structured to cover the specific areas for a quick but in-depth understanding of diseases in aging patients. Unlike any other book on the market, this text is concise and yet thorough in approach to the stipulated areas. This book includes multiple-choice questions that reinforce the concepts that are most vital to understanding and treating geriatric patients, making it an outstanding resource on its own or as a companion to larger geriatric texts. Diseases in the Elderly is the ultimate resource for geriatricians, medical students, primary care physicians, hospital doctors, geriatric nurses, and all other medical professionals treating and diagsing diseases in elderly patients.
- Author BiographyNages Nagaratnam, OAM, MD,FRACP,FRCPA,FRCP,FACC,FCCP is Clinical Associate Professor at the Sydney Medical School, The University of Sydney and Conjoint Associate Professor in the School of Medicine, College of Health and Science at the University of Western Sydney, Australia. He graduated and obtained the Doctorate in Medicine from the University of Ceylon and was for many years Consultant Physician in Internal Medicine in Sri Lanka and Senior Physician at the General Hospital, Colombo, the premier teaching hospital. He is a founding Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences of Sri Lanka and was President Section A of the Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science. In Australia he was Consultant Physician in Geriatric and Internal Medicine at the Blacktown-Mount Druitt and Westmead Hospitals. He has an almost lifelong commitment to the training and guiding the careers of generation of young doctors. He has authored more than 200 scientific publications in both national and international journals. His interests spanned themes from many fields of medicine with continuous clinical research over several years. In the last two decades his interests are in geriatrics, rehabilitation, stroke and stroke rehabilitation. Kujan Nagaratnam MBBS (UNSW), FRACP graduated in Medicine from the University of New South Wales in 1988. He did his internal medical training and Advanced Training in Geriatric Medicine and Stroke Medicine at Westmead and Royal Prince Alfred Hospitals, Sydney. He obtained his Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) in 1997. He held Senior Staff Specialist appointments in General, Geriatric Medicine and Stroke Medicine at Westmead Hospital and Blacktown- Mt Druitt Hospitals until 2012. He is also Visiting Consultant Physician at The Norwest Private and Westmead Private Hospitals in Sydney. He is currently the Chairman and Head of the Department of Geriatric Medicine and Stroke Medicine, Norwest Private Hospital, Sydney. His academic interests includes teaching both undergraduate and postgraduate medical students. He is a Clinical Senior Lecturer in Medicine at The University of Sydney. His special interests are Stroke Medicine, Cognitive Impairment and Dementia, Neurological Diseases in the Elderly and Post-operative medical management of elderly patients. Gary Cheuk BS(UNSW),FRACP graduated from the University of New South Wales In 1985 with honours. He commenced basic physician training in Dunedin (New Zealand) and St George Hospital (Sydney). Hr underwent advance training in Geriatric Medicine at Concord and Westmead Hospitals and was granted Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians in 1993. In the following year he became Director of Rehabilitation and Aged Care Service at Blacktown-Mt Druitt Hospital, a position he still occupies. Dr Cheuk has been involved in under graduate and postgraduate teaching for many years. Service planning and development are areas of interest for Dr Cheuk and he was instrumental in the establishment of the Stroke Unit ar Blacktown Hospital and the building of the Rehabilitation Hub at Mt-Druitt Hospital. His clinical interests include Dementia care Parkinson's disease and related disorders, Stroke Medicine and Musculo-skeletal diseases in the older persons.
- Author(s)Gary Cheuk,Kujan Nagaratnam,Nages Nagaratnam
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication27/02/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 11 colour illustrations, 27 colour tables, biography
- Weight738 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.83
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $19.90Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $19.49
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.