All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiseases of Poultry is the most comprehensive reference for all aspects of poultry health and diseases, including pathogenesis, diagstics, epidemiology, and control methods. Published in partnership with the American Association of Avian Pathologists, the Thirteenth Edition remains the international definitive reference, adding newer diagstic methods and a new chapter on the emerging importance of zootic infections for poultry pathogens. Other updates include new high-quality photographs, additional discussion of conceptual operational biosecurity and disease control in organic production systems, and a greater emphasis throughout on the differences in disease incidence and treatments for the United States and other areas around the globe. Organized logically by disease type, the book offers detailed coverage of the history, etiology, pathobiology, diagsis, and intervention strategies, as well as the ecomic and public health significance, for an exhaustive list of common and uncommon diseases. Diseases of Poultry, 13th Edition is an essential purchase for poultry veterinarians, veterinary diagsticians, poultry scientists, students specializing in poultry health, and government officials who deal with poultry health in regulatory climate.
- Author BiographyEditor-in-Chief: David E. Swayne is Laboratory Director of the Southeast Poultry Research Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, in Athens, Georgia, USA. Associate Editors: J.R. Glisson is the Director of Research, U.S. Poultry and Egg Association, Tucker, Georgia, USA. L.R. McDougald is Professor in the Department of Poultry Science at the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia, USA. L.K. Nolan is Dean at the College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa, USA. D.L. Suarez is Research Leader of the Exotic and Emerging Avian Viral Diseases Research Unit, Southeast Poultry Research Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture in Athens, Georgia, USA. V.L. Nair, is a Professor and Head, Avian Viral Diseases Programme, The Pirbright Institute in Compton, Berkshire, United Kingdom.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2013
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight3812 g
- Width227 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine59 mm
- Edition Statement13th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.