All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe life-worlds and personal experiences of workers and employees in three enterprises in East Berlin at the moment of political and ecomic upheaval stand at the centre of the book. It sets out in 1989 at the moment of the fall of the Berlin Wall witnessing the confrontations with the market ecomy and examining the reinterpretations of the socialist past as the political and ecomic changes take place. Disenchantment with Market Ecomics captures a unique moment in history and unveils myths and promises of liberal market ecomy from the perspective of those who lived through the break down of the planned ecomy at their workplaces in East Berlin. While Western managers regarded the expansion of their businesses towards Eastern Europe as a civilising mission, the East German employees reacted with complex strategies of individual adaptation and resistance.
- Author BiographyBirgit Muller is a senior researcher in Social Anthropology at the Laboratoire de l'anthropologie des institutions et organisations sociales, LAIOS-CNRS in Paris. She has done extensive research in factories and on social and environmental movements in eastern and western Europe and Latin America. Her current focus is on power and ideology in the bio-tech controversies. Her publications include Political Power and Institutional Change in Post-Communist Eastern Europe (C.S.A., 1999).
- Author(s)Birgit Muller
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication25/09/2007
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleEuropean Anthropology in Translation
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 19
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.