All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionJournalist Lola Wicks discovers a story she can’t resist . . . but it could be her last When former foreign correspondent Lola Wicks heads to Wyoming for a Yellowstone vacation, she comes across a story that hits close to her past. One Wyoming soldier returning from Afghanistan commits suicide, two others spark a near-fatal brawl, and a woman is terrorized. Lola, accompanied by her young daughter, senses a story about whatever happened on the far side of the world that these troops have so disastrously brought home. But she soon realizes that getting the story must take second place to getting herself—and her little girl—out of Wyoming alive.Praise: A gutsy series. —The New York Times A gut-wrenching mystery/thriller that explores prejudice and the incredible stress on soldiers in a seemingly unending war with clear goals. —Kirkus Reviews A hallmark of the Lola Wicks series is Florio's seamless weaving of Native American communities into the narrative. The culture of the Blackfeet in Montana and North Dakota, the Shoshone in Wyoming, both on and off the reservation, come poignantly alive in characters. —Montana Standard It is the issues and ideas that [Florio] explores that got me invested in this vel . . . an entertaining read. —Missoulian A story that is gratifyingly real. —Missoula Independent Even as Disgraced pinpoints our political reality it never sacrifices its suspense. —Bozeman Daily Chronicle Lola Wicks is back and better than ever. —Montana Quarterly With the chops of a world-class journalist and an unsurpassed kwledge of the Rocky Mountain West, Gwen Florio weaves a compelling tapestry that combines family saga, social consciousness and human frailty, making Disgraced difficult to put down. —Craig Johnson, author of the Walt Longmire Mysteries, the basis for the hit Netflix drama Longmire Gwen Florio achieves what few others can in the field of crime fiction. She creates characters with real depth and places them in a story that is so hard-hitting and believable, it's easy to imagine it being in tomorrow's headlines. —J.J. Hensley, award-winning author of Resolve and Measure Twice
- Author BiographyGwen Florio (Missoula, MT) has won several journalism awards and been nominated three times for the Pulitzer Prize. Her fiction has won the inaugural Pinckley Prize and the High Plains Book Award and was nominated for the Pushcart Prize for her Short Fiction. She is a member of International Thriller Writers, Mystery Writers of America, Sisters in Crime, Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers, and Women Writing the West.
- Author(s)Gwen Florio
- PublisherLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationWoodbury, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMidnight Ink
- Weight281 g
- Width203 mm
- Height133 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.