Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionPrimarily intended for the senior undergraduate and postgraduate students of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering/Mechanical Engineering, the book begins with the description of elementary mechanical testing method and then moves on to the theory of elasticity, the micromechanics of high strain rate deformation phemen and quantitative methods of materials selection. Dislocation and their applications is the strength of this book. The topics such as creep, fatigue and fracture are comprehensively covered. The final chapter presents the principles of materials selection. The book contains numerous solved and unsolved examples to reinforce the understanding of the subject.
- Author BiographyM.N. Shetty (PhD University of British Columbia Canada) was formerly a Professor at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. He also served as the Director of Manipal Institute of Technology Manipal Karnataka. With more than 30 years of teaching experience he is a life member of numerous professional bodies such as Indian Physics Association ISTAM and Indian Institute of Metals. Dr. Shetty has received citations for academic excellence from different bodies such as the Pride of India award from the Global Economic Council and has been commended both by the Marquis International Who is Who in the World USA and by the International Biographical Centre of Cambridge England.
- Author(s)M. N. Shetty
- PublisherPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.