All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionInterspirituality is the spirituality of the future - the very survival of our planet depends on it. We can longer afford to hide behind tribal tions of religion, which lead us to fight wars in a futile attempt to prove who has the biggest and strongest God. Why are such wars futile? They are futile because the gods which drive them are fictions of our own creation. No God worth the name would encourage human beings to kill one ather for any reason, much less in the name of God. This book is a collection of Interspiritual pioneer Craig Bergland's writings over the last several years. As founder and Presiding Bishop of The UAC, the first demination to openly embrace Interspirituality and MBR (multiple religious belonging), Craig has been viewing the world from an Interspiritual perspective for three decades. His writing looks at every corner of society and seeks to raise it up to a pluralistic, Interspiritual perspective which recognizes that for our spirituality to have meaning and impact lives we must abandon the fiction of a separation between the sacred and the secular. At times provocative, at times irreverent, and always searingly honest, Craig's writing looks to a future where all people can recognize the interconnectedness of all that is - and that recognition will, at long last, lead us to peace.
- Author BiographyBishop Craig Bergland was born and raised in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. He attended Marquette University and completed Bachelor of Arts degrees in both Biblical Theology and Psychology at Wisconsin Lutheran College. He did graduate work in Religious Studies at Cardinal Stritch University and earned a Master of Divinity Degree and Doctor of Divinity from the Anglican Divinity School. Craig was ordained in 1999 at Community of the Living Spirit, an ecumenical faith community in suburban Milwaukee. In 2004 he was elected Presiding Bishop of the Universal Anglican Church. Having a passion for the full inclusion of all people in the life of the Church, Craig has been active in The Bishops and Elders Council, HRC's Clergy Call for Justice, and has been a leader in religious outreach at Milwaukee's Pridefest celebration. Craig has written Rite III, an inclusive language worship book that includes an inclusive language version of the Psalter, and A Journey Toward Awakening, the story of his journey into Interspirituality. In addition to his ongoing role as Presiding Bishop of the Universal Anglican Church, Bishop Bergland's current project is RHIMES Interspirituality, a system of spirituality that recognizes the many commonalities between the great historic religious and spiritual traditions as a path toward increased understanding, dialogue, and peace on Earth. RHIMES recognizes Jesus as primarily a wisdom and enlightenment teacher and Christ Consciousness as enlightenment - something not unique to the one we know as Jesus, but in fact a quality of all the great Masters from all Traditions and available to everyone who chooses to pursue it. RHIMES seeks to journey with all people from all spiritual backgrounds and perspectives, and affirms all people as being inseparably connected - and understands that very connection to be the essence of what many call God, from whom we can never be separated. RHIMES Gatherings are spiritual gatherings of those seeking spiritual tools to transform themselves, their communities, and the world. Craig lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with his wife Erin; their adult children Peter, Tori, and Brandie; and their grandchildren Natalia and Greyson.
- Author(s)Craig Bergland
- Date of Publication02/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.