All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe exhibition Display of the Centuries. Frederick Kiesler and Contemporary Art at the Austrian Cultural Forum New York investigates how art is made and subsequently presented and tackles the highly topical question of how artists can develop presentation strategies to compensate for the omnipotence of the curator in today s commercialized art scene. Curator Peter Bogner assembles the works of 17 artists that were influenced by Frederick Kiesler s genius and his uncanny understanding of the fact that the 21st century more than ever needs new modes of creating, seeing, comprehending, and discerning varied realities.
- Author BiographyThe Austrian Cultural Forum New York (ACFNY), is an agency of the Republic of Austria, and part of the Austrian Consulate General in New York. With its architectural landmark building in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, it is the cultural embassy of Austria in the United States. It hosts more than 100 free events annually and showcases Austrian contemporary art, music, literature, and academic thought in New York.
- PublisherVerlag Anton Pustet
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVerlag Anton Pustet
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAustrian Cultural Forum New York
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.