All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDispositions as Habits of Mind provides opportunities for candidates in teacher education programs, which focus on nurturing and assessing dispositions, to see the habits of mind for making professional conduct more intelligent, practice them, and receive feedback about their performance. Some scholars have pointed out that the rush by many teacher education programs to meet accreditation mandates with regard to dispositions has generated a host of measures for assessing dispositions and very little focus on programs first establishing some conceptual understanding of the construct, and then teaching candidates about dispositions. This work on dispositions highlights the serious effort to help teachers and other professional school personnel to form habits and use them as active means in making their professional conduct more effective and intelligent.
- Author BiographyErskine S. Dottin received his bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of West Florida and his doctorate from Miami University of Ohio. He is currently a member of the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies at Florida International University in Miami, Florida.
- Author(s)Erskine S. Dottin
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication11/11/2009
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.