All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMedicaid is an important source of health coverage for millions of low-income individuals. Research on Medicaid has demonstrated that a small percentage of beneficiaries account for a disproportionately large share of Medicaid expenditures. Understanding states' expenditures for high-expenditure populations -- both those dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid, and those who are Medicaid-only -- could enhance efforts to manage Medicaid expenditures. This book examines high-expenditure Medicaid-only beneficiaries, considering states' spending on them compared with all other Medicaid beneficiaries; their key characteristics; and their service usage compared with all other Medicaid-only beneficiaries. This book also provides an overview of Medicaid disproportionate share hospital (DSH). It includes a description of the rules delineating how state DSH allotments are calculated and the exceptions to the rules, how DSH hospitals are defined, and how DSH payments are calculated.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication05/08/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight180 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byCassie Pavesi
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.