All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDispute settlement decisions (DSD) of the World Trade Organization (WTO) are presented with the aid of extensive antations, in-depth analysis, and comprehensive summaries of case histories. The extensive index in each volume enables access to particular titles. Legal precedents and conclusions are detailed in the legal antations and conclusions sections. Case and treaty citations, along with current information on the overall status of all disputes before the WTO are presented in two tables. Current interpretations of the various treaties that govern international trade law contain full-text decisions. Starting with Volume 78, published in February 2007, Bernan is collaborating with international trade experts from Bryan Cave LLP to produce enhanced editions of the WTO DSD. The editor for this series is Jackson C. Pai. Mr. Pai is a Senior Trade Policy Advisors working out of the Los Angeles office of Bryan Cave LLP. He assists clients in the analysis of cross-border trade rules and trade agreements, including the implications of U.S. bilateral and regional trade agreements and WTO rules. These volumes contain in-depth analysis that includes market implications for the various industries and nations affected. This expert commentary makes this series truly invaluable for all companies that do business internationally, law firms with a trade practice, government agencies with a focus on trade, and academic institutions with related courses of study.
- Author BiographyMr. Pai is a member of the International Trade Client Services Group at Bryan Cave. His practice areas include customs, international transactions, and the WTO. Prior to joining the firm in 2007, Mr. Pai served as legal advisor to the Taiwanese delegation to the WTO in Geneva, Switzerland, where he participated in over 20 WTO dispute settlement cases and drafted a number of Taiwan's submissions to the panels and the Appellate Body. These include cases such as EC - Geographical Indications, US - Gambling Services, Brazil - Tyres, and US/Canada - Suspension of Obligations in EC Hormones Dispute. In addition, Mr. Pai was responsible for the negotiations in the reforms to the Dispute Settlement Understanding and assisted in Doha Round talks in areas such as services, fisheries, anti-dumping, subsidies, and intellectual property. From 2000-2002, Mr. Pai worked in Washington, D.C., representing small family farmers and farm associations on agricultural trade issues in front of the U.S. Congress. Mr. Pai is a graduate of William and Mary School of Law and Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service.
- Author(s)Bernan Press,World Trade Organization
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/12/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBernan Press
- Weight1597 g
- Width218 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byJackson C. Pai
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.