All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDissociative recombination (DR) of molecular ions with electrons is a complex, poorly understood molecular process. Its critical role as a neutralising agent in the Earth's upper atmosphere is w well established and its occurrence in many natural and laboratory-produced plasma has been a strong motivation for studying the event. In this book theoretical concepts, experimental methodology and applications are united, revealing the governing principles behind the gas-phase reaction. The book takes the reader through the intellectual challenges posed, describing in detail dissociation mechanisms, dynamics, diatomic and polyatomic ions and related processes, including dissociative excitation, ion pair formation and photodissociation. With the final chapter dedicated to applications in astrophysics, atmospheric science, plasma physics and fusion research, this is a focused, definitive guide to a fundamental molecular process. The book will appeal to academics within physics, physical chemistry and related sciences.
- Author BiographyMats Larsson is a professor and experimentalist in the physics department at Stockholm University. He obtained his PhD in physics in the Research Institute of Physics and Stockholm University. His research interests include primary chemical reactions, interstellar chemistry and molecular spectroscopy. He was a member of the Physics and Mathematics Committee of the Swedish Natural Science Research Council from 1989 to 1995. He was made chair of the Research Committee of the Swedish National Space Board in 2001 and was also chair of the Evaluation Committee for Atomic and Molecular Physics, Fusion Research and Plasma Physics of the Swedish Research Council from 2001 to 2003. Ann E. Orel is a professor and Chair in the department of applied sciences at the University of California, Davis. She obtained her PhD in Chemistry at the University of California, Berkeley and was made a Fellow of the American Physical Society in 2000. Her research interests include theoretical atomic and molecular physics and computational science.
- Author(s)Ann E. Orel,Mats Larsson
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/04/2008
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Molecular Science
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note134 b/w illus.
- Weight924 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.