Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the distribution and interpretation of anaphors and prouns. Through a detailed analysis of simplex and complex anaphors in Dutch and English, as well as other Romance and Germanic languages, the authors show that the relationship between an anaphor and its antecedent can be captured in terms of general Minimalist principles.
- Author BiographyJohan Rooryck is Professor of French Linguistics at Leiden University. He is the executive editor of Lingua (Elsevier), and an associate editor of the Linguistic Variation Yearbook (Benjamins). He has previously published Configurations of sentential complementation (Routledge, 2000). Guido Vanden Wyngaerd is Professor of General and English Linguistics at the Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel. He has previously published PRO-legomena: Distribution and reference of infinitival subjects (1994, De Gruyter).
- Author(s)Guido Vanden Wyngaerd,Johan Rooryck
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication28/07/2011
- Series TitleOxford Studies in Theoretical Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume Number32
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight520 g
- Width163 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.