All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe most comprehensive and authoritative book on the subject, DISTANCE EDUCATION, Third Edition, emphasizes a systems approach to the organization and selection of material. The book is researched-based and grounded in solid principles of teaching and learning. The authors apply their broad experience and expertise as they explain how to design and teach courses online--including the latest techlogies employed, characteristics of learners, organizational structures, and current policy and global perspectives.
- Author BiographyMichael G. Moore is Professor of Education at The Pennsylvania State University, where he has taught graduate courses in distance education for 23 years. He is known in academic circles for leadership in the scholarly study of distance education. He published the first statement of theory about distance education in English in 1972, and has achieved a number of other firsts in the field. These include teaching the first course in this subject at University of Wisconsin in the mid 70's, conceiving and helping to start the national annual conference there, and establishing an online international network (Distance Education Online Symposium). He has practical experience of teaching in all technologies and of most client groups, has supervised numerous doctoral and Master's degrees, and is emphasizing application of Web 2.0 technologies in teaching his Master's degree online. Moore has over 30 years of unbroken service as an editor of distance education journals, and has served on editorial boards of all the main journals and on program committees for the International Council for Distance Education and similar organizations. He has published books, over 100 articles and monographs, and given presentations in over 30 countries. Consultancy work includes numerous projects for UNESCO and other United Nations agencies, the International Monetary Fund, and the World Bank. Honors include induction into the United States Distance Learning Association's Hall of Fame in 2002. Greg Kearsley is currently the Director of Graduate Studies in the Department of Education at the University of New England, where he manages online programs with over 700 students and 40 faculty. He has written over 20 books and hundreds of technical articles on the topic of education and technology. He has taught and developed online courses for many institutions, including University of Maryland, University of Wisconsin, the George Washington University, Nova Southeastern University, and Walden University. He has also trained teachers and school administrators about online education, working with the North Central Regional Education Laboratory for a number of years. Dr. Kearsley has extensive experience in the training world as well, having designed online training programs for many corporations and government agencies. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Alberta in 1978.
- Author(s)Greg Kearsley,Michael G. Moore
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication03/05/2011
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight666 g
- Width185 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.