About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with one of the most urgent and complicated problems higher education is facing worldwide in our days. It is about communication between those who teach at academic level and those who want to develop themselves by means of academic studies. On their way from small and aristocratic elite-breeding institutions to huge and democratic mass-educating organisations, universities all over the world have lost some of their traditional communicative qualities. The key problem of higher education today is also the main long-term endevour of distance education: the communication between teacher and student. A book about communication in higher education - be it face-to-face or at a distance - without any doubt has to be a book about two-way communication. However, a book about two-way communication in higher education has to be a book about the work and the personality of the great old man of distance-education research in Europe: Boerje Holmberg.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Gerhard E. Ortner was head of the Institute for Business Administration in Education at the Landesforschungszentrum FEoLL in Paderborn. In 1984 he joined the Central Institute for Research into Distance Education (ZIFF) of the Fern-Universitaet-Gesamthochschule in Hagen whose director he became in 1990.Kurt Graff, who studied social sciences in Berlin, was Director of Studies at Hamburger Fernlehr-Institut from 1959 till 1968. Since 1975 he holds a chair for the methodology of distance education at the Central Institute for Research into Distance Education (ZIFF) to the Fern-Universitaet. Harald Wilmersdoerfer has been in distance education since 1965, first with the Hamburger Fernlehr-Institut. He now is manager (Geschaeftsfuehrer) of the Central Institute for Research into Distance Education (ZIFF).
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/11/1992
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight550 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byGerhard E. Ortner,etc.
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.36Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $19.25Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.