All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
About this product
- DescriptionMcCurry describes her design concepts and gives a glimpse into the deeper thought process behind her homes and how they have become distillations of an American architecture as in the following excerpt: 'This new Wisconsin retreat has provided an interesting spatial and organizational challenge given the clients' varied program that includes many guest rooms, bunkrooms, an indoor pool and separate guest house/garage as well as both indoor and outdoor gathering spaces. McCurry sited the elements of the house and guest house to create a pinwheel off of an open clearing in the forest whereby the program spaces became the spokes of the wheel connected by an interior rim of circulation, which also provides entry points into the house and axial views towards the lake. This scale reducing scheme also provides distance between the guest rooms, bunkrooms and the master suite so that privacy is maintained.'
- Author BiographyPresident and principal of esteemed architecture and interior design firm Tigerman McCurry Architects, Margaret McCurry, a Fellow of the American Institute of Architects, is known for her inventive synthesis of modern classicism and the American vernacular. McCurry received her Bachelor's degree in Art History from Vassar College and her Loeb Fellowship in Advanced Environmental Studies from the Graduate School of Design at Harvard University. Her principles of order and symmetry, a relationship with nature, and knowledge of both modern and traditional design and building techniques characterise her work, which spans from coast to coast. Her work has been published widely in architectural and interior magazines and exhibited at museums and galleries here and abroad.
- Author(s)Margaret McCurry
- PublisherOro Editions
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOro Editions
- Content Note50 ills 260 photos
- Weight1388 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.