All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarness the power of multiple computers using Python through this fast-paced informative guide About This Book * You'll learn to write data processing programs in Python that are highly available, reliable, and fault tolerant * Make use of Amazon Web Services along with Python to establish a powerful remote computation system * Train Python to handle data-intensive and resource hungry applications Who This Book Is For This book is for Python developers who have developed Python programs for data processing and w want to learn how to write fast, efficient programs that perform CPU-intensive data processing tasks. What You Will Learn * Get an introduction to parallel and distributed computing * See synchrous and asynchrous programming * Explore parallelism in Python * Distributed application with Celery * Python in the Cloud * Python on an HPC cluster * Test and debug distributed applications In Detail CPU-intensive data processing tasks have become crucial considering the complexity of the various big data applications that are used today. Reducing the CPU utilization per process is very important to improve the overall speed of applications. This book will teach you how to perform parallel execution of computations by distributing them across multiple processors in a single machine, thus improving the overall performance of a big data processing task. We will cover synchrous and asynchrous models, shared memory and file systems, communication between various processes, synchronization, and more. Style and Approach This example based, step-by-step guide will show you how to make the best of your hardware configuration using Python for distributing applications.
- Author BiographyFrancesco Pierfederici is a software engineer who loves Python. He has been working in the fields of astronomy, biology, and numerical weather forecasting for the last 20 years. He has built large distributed systems that make use of tens of thousands of cores at a time and run on some of the fastest supercomputers in the world. He has also written a lot of applications of dubious usefulness but that are great fun. Mostly, he just likes to build things.
- Author(s)Francesco Pierfederici
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $101.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.