All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough t new, the concept of distributed (shared) leadership has re-emerged in recent years as one highly promising response to the complex challenges currently faced by schools. Responding productively to these challenges far exceeds the capacities of any individual leader. If schools are to flourish in the future, they will need to enlist the collective expertise of many more of their members and stakeholders than they have in the past. The purpose of this volume is to both present and synthesize the best available evidence about the nature, causes, and effects of distributed school leadership. The book also clarifies common misunderstandings about distributed leadership and identifies promising implications for practice and for future research. Key features include...Expertise - Written by the most active and widely respected scholars engaged in research on distributed leadership, the book encompasses the very latest kwledge about the nature, causes and consequences of such leadership in schools. Comparative Models - The book compares various approaches to distributed leadership and examines the conditions under which some approaches may be better than others in improving schools. Evidence-Based - Much of the popularity of distributed leadership is rooted in expectations unsupported by systematic empirical evidence. Virtually all of the available evidence about distributed approach to leadership can be found in this book. This book is appropriate for researchers studying school leadership, instructors and students in graduate-level school leadership courses and practicing administrators at the district and building level.
- Author BiographyDr. Kenneth Leithwood is professor of educational leadership and policy at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto, Canada. Dr. Blair Mascall is professor of leadership and educational change at the Ontario Institute for the Studies of Education of the University of Toronto, Canada. Dr. Tiiu Strauss is currently project director working with Ken Leithwood in the Department of Theory and Policy Studies at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto, Canada.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication10/07/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Note17 black & white tables
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBlair Mascall,Kenneth Leithwood,Tiiu Strauss
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.