All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnergy is directly related to the most critical ecomic and social issues which affect sustainable development such as mobility, food production, environmental quality, regional and global security issues. Two-thirds of the new demand will come from developing nations, with China accounting for 30 percent. Without adequate attention to the critical importance of energy to all these aspects, the global, social, ecomic and environmental goals of sustainability cant be achieved. Indeed the magnitude of change needed is immense, fundamental and directly related to the energy produced and consumed nationally and internationally. Today, it is estimated that more than two billion people worldwide lack access to modern energy resources. Distributed Renewable Energies for Off-Grid Communities provides various options and case studies related to the potential of renewable energies along with their environmental, ecomic and social dimensions. Its case studies provides you with solutions for future decentralized energy supply. Its expanded coverage over previous work in the field is to include coverage of rural and urban communities. It provides new solutions for future decentralized energy supply.
- Author BiographyDr. El Bassam is Director, International Research Center for Renewable Energy in Germany in close cooperation with UN, EU and other national and international organizations. Its mission is the integration and application of renewable energy resources for electricity, water and food supply and development of renewable energy management strategies. Dr. El Bassam has won several awards for his work in this area including the World Pioneer in Renewable Energies award in 2003 from UNESCO and the Award in Science and Technology for Sustainable Rural Development of Energy and Water Supply from the Chinese Science Academy. He is currently the Editor of Springer's Journal Sustainability Science and American Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences (AJEAS). Dr. Maegaard is Director of the Nordic Folkecenter for Renewable Energy, an institute for the development and implementation of renewable energies located in Denmark. The center has, under his leadership, provided transfer of renewable energy technology to many countries. Dr. Maegaard was appointed the first president of the World Wind Energy Institute, first president of the World Wind Energy Association, and has served as a Renewable Energy Adviser to the President of Mali. For over three decades, Dr. Maegaard has been a director, organizer, and speaker at numerous international seminars, workshops and conferences. He has authored numerous reports, books, and articles in Danish, English, German and Japanese on renewables and sustainable development. Ms. Schlichting is Editor for the International Research Centre for Renewable Energy. Ms. Schlichting has an Associate Degree in Applied Science, Water, and Wastewater Technology and has conducted laboratory research in the field of filtration and purification.
- Author(s)Marcia Schlichting,N. El Bassam,Preben Maegaard
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteApprox. 179 illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.