All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionMore than ninety case studies shed new light on power system phemena and power system disturbances Based on the author's four decades of experience, this book enables readers to implement systems in order to monitor and perform comprehensive analyses of power system disturbances. Most importantly, readers will discover the latest strategies and techniques needed to detect and resolve problems that could lead to blackouts to ensure the smooth operation and reliability of any power system. Logically organized, Disturbance Analysis for Power Systems begins with an introduction to the power system disturbance analysis function and its implementation. The book then guides readers through the causes and modes of clearing of phase and ground faults occurring within power systems as well as power system phemena and their impact on relay system performance. The next series of chapters presents more than ninety actual case studies that demonstrate how protection systems have performed in detecting and isolating power system disturbances in: Generators Transformers Overhead transmission lines Cable transmission line feeders Circuit breaker failures Throughout these case studies, actual digital fault recording (DFR) records, oscillograms, and numerical relay fault records are presented and analyzed to demonstrate why power system disturbances happen and how the sequence of events are deduced. The final chapter of the book is dedicated to practice problems, encouraging readers to apply what they've learned to perform their own system disturbance analyses. This book makes it possible for engineers, technicians, and power system operators to perform expert power system disturbance analyses using the latest tested and proven methods. Moreover, the book's many cases studies and practice problems make it ideal for students studying power systems.
- Author BiographyMOHAMED A. IBRAHIM, PE , is a registered Professional Engineer in New York State. He is a Fellow of the IEEE for his contributions to the field of protection and control. Dr. Ibrahim has held positions at Helwan University, Mansoura University, and Polytechnic Institue of New York University. He lectured at Auburn University and Washington State University. Dr. Ibrahim retired in 2004 as the director of protection and control at the New York Power Authority to become a consultant, forming his own company. He is the author or coauthor of twenty-five technical papers on computer relaying and protection areas.
- Author(s)Mohamed A. Ibrahim
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2011
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1142 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.