All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book portrays the author's memory of Divali in Trinidad during the 1980's. At that time the author lived in a home in Trinidad with her close knitted extended family of twelve. Divali was very important to the Bissambhar family and from weeks before, the preparations would begin. Her memory of Divali is a sweet one, of the entire family working together to get the house ready and of them performing Lakshmi Puja together on Divali night. Divali as I knew it in Trinidad tells the story as the author remembers the excitement and preparations from the night before Divali, which continues as Divali day unfolds. The author shares a simple beautiful story that will awaken your own memories of Divali and inspire you to create new Divali traditions....
- Author BiographyNalini Bissambhar - Sankar, was born in Trinidad & Tobago, an island in the Caribbean with a diversified cultural heritage and people. She migrated to Florida, USA in 1998 and shares a wonderful life there with her husband and two sons, whose love of Trinidad has inspired her to write this her first book.
- Author(s)Nalini Bissambhar - Sankar
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight75 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $33.44
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.85
- AU $13.62Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $37.24Trending at AU $44.14
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.