About this product
- DescriptionAn ideal introduction to the celebration of Diwali for children aged 4-7 in Foundation Stage and KS1 classes. This book describes the story behind the Diwali festivities and how Hindus, Sikhs and Jains prepare for Diwali. It shows how people around the world decorate their homes with lights and rangoli patterns, and how they end the Diwali celebration with a special day for brothers and sisters. Attractively designed, its simple text and wonderful full-colour photos make this an essential resource in every Early Years setting. 'Did You Kw?' boxes highlight interesting and unusual facts about Divali to give further points for children and adults to discuss. And a Hindu calendar shows when the different months are.
- Author BiographySaviour Pirotta has written over 100 children's books, ranging from picture books to novels. He has been fascinated by traditional tales since he was a child, and before becoming a full-time writer he worked as a storyteller for the Commonwealth Institute in London. His titles include The Orchard Book of First Greek Myths and The Orchard Book of Grimm's Fairy Tales. He lives in Saltaire, West Yorkshire.
- Author(s)Saviour Pirotta
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication13/08/2009
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleWe Love Festivals
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Content Note19
- Weight106 g
- Width158 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Edited byCamilla Lloyd
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.