All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEndless arguments? Communication by grunt? Seismic sulking? Lives ruled by FOMO (fear of missing out)? Sound like your teenager? Behavioural expert Charlie Taylor has the answers in this practical handbook which is full of simple, effective techniques for improving your teenager's behaviour. Charlie Taylor's straight-talking, -nsense approach guides you away from knee-jerk parenting towards a more proactive and positive relationship with your teenager. With particular emphasis on the power of praise - the basis of his acclaimed 6 to1 strategy - and planning in advance for behaviour or communication hotspots, every parent can break the miserable pattern of constant confrontation, endless negotiation and repetitive nagging. With the insights and methods found in Divas and Door Slammers - including a handy Troubleshooting Guide that looks at such issues as under-age drinking, sex, drugs and problems at school - every household with teenagers can quickly transform from havoc to harmony.
- Author BiographyCharlie Taylor has been a behavioural specialist for over ten years. He has taught every age group, from nursery to 16-year-olds, working in tough inner city primary and comprehensive schools. He is currently the head teacher of a special school for children with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties in West London. His school has twice received 'outstanding' ratings by Ofsted since he arrived in 2006. He also works as a freelance behaviour consultant, coaching teachers in behaviour management techniques, and holds regular workshops for parents. He lives in London and is married with three immaculately behaved children.
- Author(s)Charlie Taylor
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight273 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.